We highly recommend following the static IP instructions for reliability during events.
Follow these steps before starting:
- Go to add/remove programs in windows, and search for “bonjour”
- How many items do you see?
- If there are two (2) items with “bonjour” in their names, uninstall “bonjour print services”
- If there are no (0) items with “bonjour” in their names, install bonjour from our Downloads page.
- Reboot your robot and computer.
- Download the Limelight Finder Tool
- Follow the steps listed below.
- Why do we recommend a static IP?
- First, it shaves multiple seconds off Limelight’s boot time. Second, teams have historically had issues with DHCP assignment and mDNS responders on actual FRC fields and with event radio firmware.
We recommend setting static IP addresses on your robo-rio and driverstation as well. The networking settings to use on all of these devices can be found near the bottom half of this web page: https://docs.wpilib.org/en/stable/docs/networking/networking-introduction/ip-configurations.html
- How do I reset the IP address?
- After your Limelight has booted, hold the config button on the front face of the camera until the LEDs start blinking. Power-cycle your robot, and your Limelight will have an automatically-assigned IP address.
- If the above steps do not fix the problem, install Angry IP scanner and find the address for your limelight.
- Go to <limelightaddress>:5801, and give your limelight a .11 static IP.
- From this point onward, you can rely on the static IP to access the page.